Customer Service Representative / Medical admin assistant.
- Be knowledgeable of and responsible for the current policies and procedures that apply to this position.
- Communicate by telephone and fax with referral sources, patients and other staff members. Communicate thoroughly, effectively and respectfully. Take complete and accurate orders for products and services.
- Establish and maintain patient files with complete patient information.
- Process all appropriate paperwork for sales reps and billing department in a timely manner.
- Help answer questions for patients, referral sources and fellow AeroCare employees.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of home equipment, insurance guidelines, eligibility and reimbursement for patients.
- Processes payments, if any, and forward cash payments timely to appropriate billing office.
- Responsible for setting up, discontinuing and cleaning patient equipment as needed.
- Assists in Accounts Receivable Management. Collect copays and deductibles at time of setup, utilizing auto-pay procedure for all future monies due from patients.
- Maintain appropriate office supply inventory.
- Support Branch Manager, Equipment Technicians, Clinicians and Salespersons as needed.
- Cover call as needed.
- Comply with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Assist AeroCare in meeting its growth and financial goals.
- Other duties as assigned.