Responsible for aiding Finish Painter II in prep, touch-up, and finishes on all production projects utilizing paints, enamels, lacquers, and other protective coatings. Primarily painting helicopters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare various surfaces for application of primer and final finish coatings utilizing manual and power sanding and brushing equipment and products.
- Mechanically or chemically clean/strip corrosion, rust, old paint, and other finishes from product to be painted.
- Apply pre-mixed and blended paint or corrosion protective coatings on aluminum and steel structures and components.
- Mix, blend, and match various primers, paints, and coatings as required.
- Operate a spray painter to apply industrial paint finishes on metal products.
- Utilize Material Safety Data Sheets to ensure compliance with potential hazardous material requirements for handling and storage of paint and other materials.
- Apply stenciling and marking of all products in accordance with appropriate manuals, engineering drawings, and specifications.
- Utilize personal protective equipment such as respirators, gloves, eye protection, and tyvek suits, during the preparation and application process.
- Mist be capable of safely handling government furnished equipment and materials.
- Must be available to work a standard weekly schedule with overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Minor disassembly and re-assembly of components required for proper surface preparation and application of primers, paints, and other coatings.