Electro/Mechanical Technician II - Direct Hire
This role is responsible for the construction, installation, modification, maintenance and overhaul of industrial, mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and related equipment that will be utilized in SOPT’s high speed automation capabilities.
- A large majority of the job will be conducting preventative and predictive maintenance to highly automated manufacturing equipment and keeping appropriate records & reports of maintenance performed.
- Takes technical directions from a senior technician or process engineer.
- Works from machine maintenance manuals and established maintenance routines and checklists.
- Operates and/or train machine operators in the use and autonomous maintenance on the machines.
- Collaborates with managers and engineers to continuously improve equipment performance.
- Ensures that this work is conducted in a safely manner.
- Maintains appropriate spare parts inventory.
- Finds creative ways to reduce cost of sustaining automation equipment.
- Will also perform a variety of specialized tasks which may include robotic programming, laser and ultrasonic welding process fine tuning and development of material safety/security procedures, 5S, Safety Audits, and other general manufacturing activities.
- Will also perform a variety of specialized tasks which may include machine improvements, development of material, safety/security procedures and other general maintenance activities.
- Performs troubleshooting and debugging of equipment.
- Required skills include programming and troubleshooting of PLC controlled equipment.
- Typically requires 5+ years of experience.
More specific responsibilities may include:
- Identify and implement manufacturing process improvement opportunities for quality, delivery performance and throughput.
- Troubleshoot, identify failure modes and correct machine and process malfunctions as needed.
- Manage multiple assignments/projects simultaneously and in a timely manner.
- Procure and maintain necessary supplies to support production activities.
- Install new manufacturing equipment as needed in order to improve productivity and quality.
- Assist in developing manufacturing procedures and productivity metrics as defined by the Manufacturing Department.
- Ensure effective use of continuous improvement tools to prevent future or recurring failures of equipment, and injuries or incidents