The Senior Principal System Engineer is responsible for all aspects of system design, throughout the development lifecycle. This includes: determining product requirements, defining the design vision and working closely with marketing, engineering, sales, and support to ensure design performance and schedule goals are met.
- Work with Marketing and Management to understand customer requirements for communication system applications.
- Support Marketing in the analysis of new systems. This could include writing analysis/simulation programs or developing Excel spreadsheets.
- Perform end-to-end system analysis and design of a complex communication system. Write specifications capturing functionality, performance, interfaces, and data processing. Determine the architectural design for significant changes to technologies.
- Lead the technical development and drive the implementation in cross functional development teams to deliver a quality product.
- Influence team members to work coherently and follow the product development process.
- Ensure project schedules are met and provide design/development options to overcome timing obstacles.
- Provide in depth technical support (Subject Matter Expert) on technologies to internal and external customers.
- Identify technologies and processes to drive improvements in system operation, tools and organizational performance.
- Support field installations questions using systems knowledge and specialized analysis.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s, or higher level degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Systems Engineering
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years industry experience in which analysis of complex systems was an important part of the job.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in defining complex products working with the hardware, software and system level requirements for the product.
- Advanced analytical skills demonstrated in the analysis and definition of complex systems.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams through the design/development process.
- Ability to create product specifications detailing functionality, performance, interfaces, and data processing.
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of working independently and able to drive concepts to completion.
- Experienced in the use of personal computers in a normal office environment including MS Word, Office, and Excel.
- Excellent organization, presentation, oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to effect constructive contributions from team members.
- Experience with at least one programming language (C, Basic, etc).
- Electronic communication systems background.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Electronic hardware and software development experience.