Location: Tallahassee, FL
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Pay: $85k-$95k, depending on experience
Duration: Direct hire
Establishes, coordinates, and maintains an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of a bank and bank holding company and provides financial consolidation of branches or subsidiaries.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the financial institution’s accounting procedures are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Production of monthly Board reports for the bank and bank holding company.
- Production of all regulatory financial reporting to the FDIC and Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Develops and completes the financial schedules for SEC reporting.
- Prepares and files regulatory reporting related to Florida Qualified Public Depository program.
- Manages accounting staff and supervises accounting functions for the financial institution.
- Supervision of all accounts payable processed by the financial institution.
- Preparation monthly income accruals and reconciliations for review by CFO.
- Reviews and approves fixed asset and prepaid records.
- Reviews and approves daily and monthly reconcilements including system reports.
- Assists with preparation of the Board Asset/Liability Management reporting package.
- Embrace and demonstrate qualities that support the Bank's Brand and Culture.
- Ensure optimal standards are adhered to for Brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 or more years of related accounting experience in a financial institution or SEC reporting company.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with standard office equipment and Microsoft Office product.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting.
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Eight years of accounting experience in a financial institution, preferably in a Controller, Assistant Controller, or Senior Accountant role.
- Thorough understanding of accounting concepts and principles.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proficiency in data entry/typing.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Ability to apply initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- The ability to exercise sound and reasonable judgment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1.Satisfactory credit and ability to pass a background check required.