Remedy Staffing is seeking to immediately hire a motivated individual as an EHS Medical Assistant Technician at Trane Technologies in Vidalia, Georgia!
- 3rd Shift (Sunday - Thursday 10pm - 6am, shift flexibility is a plus)
- $18+ per hour, based on experience
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a passion for serving and helping others in the occupational health and medical field and would like to learn and grow in a positive environment with a mature EH&S team! The ideal candidate will gain experience in medical/occupational field while helping our facility meet and exceed world class standards to ensure the health and safety of all employees in the facility and maintaining and improving the environmental impact of the Vidalia, Ga location.
- Administer programs related to employee health, wellness and preventative services.
- Conduct new hire physicals and testing protocols for prospective new employees.
- Conduct random and for-cause drug testing based on protocols.
- Administer occupational hearing tests (audiograms) after successfully completing training and certification.
- Provide initial assessment and direct care, including treatment of work related injuries and illnesses
- Coordinate and manage medical surveillance and training as it relates to the Corporate Medical Services, Health Progress and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) requirements.
- Facilitate care/case management for work and non-work related employee illness and injury.
- Ensure a safe working environment for self and coworkers by following regulatory agency and organizational policies and procedures
- Regularly check for general safety hazard, PPE, etc., and report them to appropriate personnel
- Take an active role in learning, developing and implementing EH&S related programs
- Role will be based on 3rd shift, but the ideal candidate will be flexible to support 1st and 2nd shift as needed for proper coverage.
APPLY WITH US TODAY!
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Current Certification as a Medical Assistant (AAMA) or the ability to obtain a current certification within 6 weeks OR
- Current Nursing Assistant (CAN) or the ability to obtain a current certification within 6 weeks OR
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), or Registered Nurse (RN) will also be accepted, but may be overqualified for this role.
- Any experience in the occupational health, case management, or clinical medical experience is highly desirable.
- First Aid/CPR/Bloodborne Pathogens/Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) certification
- Training in the use and proper fitting of all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (i.e. equipment that is worn to protect against safety and health hazards)
- Ability to read and understand specifications and instructions
- Basic EHS related knowledge on Plant safety
- Must have good communication skills and able to present material on one-to-one basis as well as to a group of peers
- Must have computer knowledge and skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint) and the ability to review and input data, and develop analytical skills
- Must have demonstrated sense of responsibility, the desire to work with cross-functional teams, the ability to lead through influence, demonstrated performance of past and present job assignments, and most importantly a positive, caring attitude with a sincere desire to learn and grow!