Remedy is partnered with a manufacturing company located in Tonawanda in search of a 1st Shift, Long Term-Temporary Mechanical Design Engineer.
Translates verbal and written design requests into accurate working mechanical and/or electrical drawings and bills of material.
- Collects accurate data to permit design preparation, from site and equipment surveys, supplier catalogues and contacts, engineering, technical and manufacturing personnel, etc.
- In conjunction with process/project/design/plant engineer, prepares sketches and original design layouts for concept approval.
- Prepares accurate working drawings and bills of material sufficient for cost-effective manufacture and installation of quality equipment buildings and services.
- Assists in solving design problems and improvements both in-house and at supplier/manufacturer sites.
- Assists in installation and start-up of equipment, buildings and services.
- Associates degree in engineering, or relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- Technical Science field strongly preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of quality or technical work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Solid PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software applications
- Knowledge and application of Inventor and AutoCAD required
Shift: Monday-Friday 7AM to 3:00PM- this is a Long Term-Temporary position
Pay: $25.00-$30.00+ per hour depending on experience