Location: Havana, FL
Schedule: 1st shift, Monday-Thursday, 6am-4:30pm; 2nd shift, Monday-Thursday, 4:30pm-3am
Pay rate: $14-$16/ph, depending on experience
AOI QA Inspector monitors and inspects circuit board assemblies manufactured in the SMT department utilizing Automatic Optical (AOI) and/or X-ray equipment to ensure product quality and reliability. AOI QA Inspector assures the maintenance of a desired level of quality in a service or product, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production. Works closely with the Quality Team and Leads to maintain and achieve company goals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitoring SMT components mounted and soldered on the printed circuit board at defined station(s) utilizing AOI or Xray.
- Establishing quality standards for products the company produces.
- Reading blueprints and specifications to ensure that operations meet production standards.
- Performing process audit / inspection, at random, to assess product quality.
- Recommending any necessary adjustments and changes to production processes.
- Inspecting and testing the material and equipment produced by the company.
- Uses an AOI, and other equipment such as Xray, to inspect and measure products, and identify assembly defects.
- Removing products that do not meet production standards and recommending strategies to improve product quality.
- Accepting or rejecting products and discussing inspection results with the production team.
- Identifies quality defects per IPC-A-610, J-STD-001 and communicates findings with SMT, Manufacturing operator and management.
- Reviews daily Open Order reports and execute inspection per schedule.
- Performs First Piece Inspections, as required.
- Maintains records of all quality inspections performed.
- Mentors SMT operators on Acceptability Specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Identify components including part numbers, values, package size/shape, placement, and solder ability.
- Report findings to appropriate personnel, and record findings on applicable documentation.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
- Experience utilizing AOI and Xray equipment
- Electronic components, industry acceptable inspection and soldering standards, & ESD awareness.
- Understand manufacturing process instructions.
- SMT Components and PCB circuits
- Lead and Lead-Free Solder applications.
- IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 (Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3)
Skills (position requirements at entry):
- Communication: interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Formal IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 training.
- 2 years’ experience on utilizing AOI and Xray equipment and in electronics manufacturing environment.
- Must be a team player, drive continuous improvement, and willing to assist in other areas of manufacturing as needed.
- Be able to perform light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
- Understanding of ESD / Lean Principles / FOD guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Certified IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 Specialist (CIS)
- Proficient utilizing AOI and X-ray equipment
- Previous experience with manufacturing standard and operating procedures.
- Knowledgeable about ESD / LEAN / FOD
- Basic working knowledge of and experience with computers.
- Strong attention to details.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to
supervisor and/or Human Resources.
Quality Management System (QMS):
- Support and follow all ISO standards. These systems may include, but are not limited to,
quality, the environment, health, safety and security.
- Must be able to frequently lift 15 lbs. to 30 lbs. in an 8-hour shift.
- Be able to perform light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Proficient AOI, X-ray, PC skills including email, record-keeping, Microsoft Office, and ERP system.
Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.