Location: Remote position - MUST RESIDE IN TALLAHASSEE, FL OR JACKSONVILLE, FL
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Duration: 3 month assignment, potential to go longer
This position reviews and analyzes submitted legal and vendor invoices for reasonableness and accuracy and ensure compliance with CPIC billing guidelines, as well as compliance with legal and ethical standards that apply to attorneys when billing for services.
Job Duties | Essential Functions: Models ethical behavior and executives job responsibilities in accordance with company's core values, ethics, and information protection policies.
- Conducts a thorough review of litigation related invoices submitted to company by outside retained counsel to ensure the charges are reasonable and in compliance with company’s billing guidelines, as well as all applicable legal and ethical standards. Provide appropriate explanations for any charges which are disallowed.
- Conducts a thorough review of litigation related invoices submitted to company by other non-attorney vendors to ensure accuracy and that the charges are in compliance with any terms under which the vendors were retained.
- Collaborate with other members of the Legal Bill Team, other business units and external business partners involved in the billing process to ensure efficiency and consistency in the billing process.
Qualifications - External
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (required):
- Basic knowledge of the insurance litigation process
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to type with accuracy
- Ability to identify trends and elevate issues
- Strong organizational, critical thinking & analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and writing
- Ability to analyze & interpret complex documents
- 2 or more years of experience in leading projects/teams, or teams with overall responsibility for project planning and delivering expected results.
- High School Diploma | GED (required)
- Bachelor’s degree; Certification, training and/or experience as a Paralegal.
- 3 or more years of experience working as a legal assistant and/or secretary, paralegal, attorney, or claim adjuster or in legal billing with a law firm (or other related business).
- Claims-related knowledge and/or experience with a P&C insurance company
- 2 years of relevant experience, 1 of which must be in a similar job capacity or experience as a legal assistant and/or secretary, paralegal, attorney, or claims adjuster.