The responsibility of the CNC Mill Machinist position is to set up and operate CNC mills - to manufacture complex and noncomplex parts maintaining high quality standards and workmanship. Responsible for keeping the work area and equipment safe, clean, and organized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate CNC 4 axis mills with G code programming using one to eight work shifts, 10 to 40 tools.
- Ability to write and edit complex G code mill programs with the ability to calculate trigonometry equations.
- Verify calibration of measuring equipment. Ability to set, read, & use manual measuring equipment.
- Responsible for dimensional and quality requirements of components.
- Some manual Lathes and Milling machines maybe required.
- Responsible for assisting with general housekeeping of the shop as needed.
- Must always wear PPE and assure all employees and visitors adhere to ODI safety guidelines and procedures.
- Must communicate with engineers and planners daily to assure routers and schedules are accurate.
- Proactively identify and implement ways to reduce set up times and then communicate such that routers and schedules reflect the improvements.
- Responsible for training by mentoring employees.
- Play an active role regarding “Lean” processes by working and communicating with Planning, Quality, Peers, and Engineering to identify and implement ways to improve flow to increase throughput.
- Identify potential cost reductions regarding product design and communicate to Leads and Engineering for evaluation.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years’ experience in Manual Lathe and Mill operation
- 3-5 years’ experience in CNC Lathe operation
- Experience in an Engineer-to-order Make-to-Order shop environment
- Experience or training in and can demonstrate an understanding of “Lean Manufacturing Principles”
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to read and understand blueprints
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to setup a machine and run the job with no supervision
- Commitment to high quality standards and continuous improvements
- Knowledgeable and able to use all associated precision measuring tools of the shop
- Understands the needs of calibration cycles of measuring tools and gages.
- Supports and assists with machine PM program
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of Lathe programming languages
- Understands all machine hazard areas
Call our office on 386-615-8859 ext. 0 or Email: Adam.Angyal@remedystaff.com
Members of the Military and Veterans Encouraged to Apply!