BRAND NEW OPENING! FIRST SHIFT LAUNDRY PRODUCTION! Check out the details below!
Shift/Hours: 1st Shift 6AM – 2:30PM.
Under direct supervision, operates flatwork iron pressing machine, from air finishers and shirt finishers to finish and/or fold cloth materials such as sheets, pillowcases, aprons, operating room linens, towels, shirts, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes material from basket and shakes out creases and positions semi-dry flatwork on a table for feeding into machine.
- Lays articles on feeder ribbons that convey it into machines. Smoothes and guides article by hand during ironing process to prevent folds and wrinkles.
- Folds flatwork and/or tumble work pieces discharged from machine and places in baskets on carts or on conveyor.
- Finishes shirts by operating four presses, such as the sleever, collar-cuff press and body presses as required.
- Finishes perma-press articles that are dried on hangers, placed on a conveyor and passed through a steam conditioner to remove any wrinkles and set finish.
Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions necessary in laundry work.
- Ability to perform manual labor.
- Ability to work out of doors under any type of weather conditions.
- Knowledge of proper bending and lifting techniques and ability to lift and carry 80 pounds.
- Knowledge of the safe use if chemical cleaning agents and possible hazards relating to environmental sanitation.
#RemedyJobs #IowaCityJobs #LaundryProduction #FirstShiftJobs