Remedy Intelligent Staffing is seeking a qualified Production Supervisor for a client in La Crosse, Wisconsin. We are seeking a a candidate that has the ability to coach, direct, develop, and lead employees to a successful shift each day. The ideal candidate would have 2-3+ years as a lead/supervisor as well as 3+ years working in production, manufacturing and/or unionized environment. If you are looking to join a company that values their employees, please apply now!
Shift: Monday thru Friday; 2:00pm to 10:00pm with occasional overtime
What is in it for you?
- 87% employer-paid health insurance premiums
- 100% employer-paid dental premiums
- HRA, HSA, short/long term disability, & life insurance offered
- Supplemental Insurance offered ie: accident, cancer, critical illness
- 401(k)- $1.25 contribution from company per compensated hour
- Generous and flexible PTO based on length of service
- Paid holidays given
- Work with the Plant Manager and Human Resources to determine the level of staffing required.
- Supervise production employee outcomes by selecting, training, scheduling, coaching, and disciplining employees.
- Plan and communicate job expectations and monitor job performance.
- Instruct employees on and ensure adherence to company policies, procedures, standards, process instructions and union contract.
- Ensure the health, safety, and environmental performance of the department.
- Contribute to continual improvement of process workflow through observation, analysis, and recommend process changes.
- Ensure proper communication of any mechanical malfunctions and repair requirements.
- Assure quality through first piece inspections and audits.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for teaching and training individuals and measuring training effects
- Knowledge of electronic equipment, computer software including applications to perform the job.
- Knowledge of principles, processes, and policies relative to HR, EHS, purchasing, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of permit confined spaces, LOTO, lift equipment, overhead cranes, HAZCOM. Skills
- Critical thinking- reasoning to identify alternative solutions or approaches to problems
- Management of personnel to motivate, develop and direct people as they work; identify best people for the job.
- Analyze product needs, conduct tests and inspections to evaluate quality and performance
- Able to coach, direct, and develop employees
- Able to communicate information and ideas through written or verbal format to various audiences
- Able to work within a team environment within the department and across departments and shifts
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work
- Able to deal with issues of multiple variables on an individual or departmental basis
- A valid driver license and acceptable driving record per company policy
- OSHA 30 Certificate desired
- Demonstrate a history of dependability