Remedy Intelligent Staffing is seeking a candidate for an entry level Foundry Melt & Pour position for one of our clients in Waukesha, WI. This client values their employees by ensuring quality benefits. If you are seeking employment with a company long term, apply now!
2nd Shift; 2:30pm to 11:00pm; Monday thru Friday; voluntary OT
3rd Shift; 10:30pm to 7:00am; Sunday thru Thursday; voluntary OT
- Perform charge preparation and melt operations.
- Set up and operate centrifugal casting machines to make a variety of castings to very close tolerances. Select, insert, position, check sizes and secure dies and cores as necessary. Mount, secure, clean and spray molds. Slag off and pour metal at proper temperature.
- Responsible for adherence to melt and casting process through controls, measuring, documentation, etc. Offer recommendations for process improvements.
- Participate in Pour Groups and other teams to improve all aspects of casting production.
- Prepare and send metal samples to lab for analysis. Calculate and make adjustments, weighing additions to heats, as required to bring chemistry to specified levels. Maintain accurate records of melt activity and “Heat Sheet” information.
- Prepare and inspect shells per procedures.
- Assist in die setups and transfer of metal (i.e. operation of overhead crane, etc.).
- Clean and maintain furnaces and related equipment. Repair and rebuild furnaces and ladle linings as needed.