NEW TEMP-TO-HIRE OPPORTUNITY! FIRST SHIFT, NO NIGHTS, NO WEEKENDS!
Remedy Intelligent Staffing is thrilled to announce our partnership with our client located in Muscatine, IA. We have new Forklift Operator openings to share! We are hiring experienced forklift drivers with attention to detail looking to join a growing, reputable company!
* Forklift experience required. *
Shift/hours/pay: 1st shift, Monday - Friday, 7AM - 3:30PM. $17/Hour
This position is responsible for operating a forklift for the purpose of loading and unloading trucks and on occasion railcars; moving, locating, stacking, and counting merchandise to meet company standards for safety, security, productivity, and food safety.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Unloads inbound shipments, verifying merchandise matches shipping documents. Moves merchandise to storage properly documenting put away locations and reporting any shipment discrepancies.
- Picks orders and prepares for shipment, ensuring the exact number and type of product is ready for shipment.
- Properly loads shipments.
- Locates and re-locates merchandise allowing for the best space utilization and picking efficiencies.
- Keeps accurate records of stock moves, receipts, and shipments for reporting to warehouse office personnel.
- Operates warehouse equipment in a safe and efficient manner to eliminate personal injuries, merchandise damage, and damage to the warehouse.
- Operates various types of attachments and equipment required to handle merchandise.
- Inspects forklifts daily to identify any potential problems with the equipment and reporting these potential problems to the Warehouse Supervisor or Warehouse Manager. Perform minor maintenance to forklifts that can be accomplished with the available tools, and ability of employee. Use of Forklift, Floor Scrubber, and Slip-sheet required.
The warehouse environment can be dusty, dry, and humid, with temperature ranges between 40 - 90 degrees.
Some odors might be present dependent upon the product in storage. Food allergens may be present in the warehouse.
- Prior experience diving a forklift and/or prior exposure to a warehouse environment required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required as it pertains to inventory transactions and insuring inventory accuracy.
#RemedyJobs #ForkliftOperatorJobs #MuscatineJobs #IowaCityJobs