Location: Tallahassee, FL
Pay: Salary negotiable; depending on experience
Schedule: 2nd shift, 3:45pm-2:15am; Monday-Thursday, overtime is available
This is a direct hire.
Produces machined parts by programming/editing, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Functions, Key Tasks, & Responsibilities: (include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- High level knowledge and training with CNC machine operations and programming
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs/edits mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Demonstrates cross functionality and willingness to learn and train or mentor others
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment:
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Preferred Qualifications:(Education, Skills, Experience, and/or Languages that are nice to have but not required)
- Associate’s Degree or Vocational Certificate in CNC Machining or Industrial Technology; and 1-2 years of experience
- or; 3-5 years or equivalent experience