Remedy Recruiting is seeking a Senior Financial Control Analyst in Norfolk, Virginia with experience in financial costing and revenue analysis, trend analysis, etc. Operations or Logistics Financial experience is preferred.
- Monitor and insure process implementation and efficiency.
- Monitor Income control- Demurrage and Per diem, Local income analysis, market studies, increase and analyze income potential etc.
- Revenue controls monitoring
- Expense controls monitoring
- Review operational expenses and ensure optimization of agency’s operational costs
- Liaison between operating departments and finance department
- Perform internal audits and reviews
- Analyze monthly purchase order performance
- Various weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and analysis as required for by CFO and/or FC Director
- Internal review reporting as assigned by CFO and/or FC Director.
- Prepare finance presentation for quarterly QBR meeting with CEO.
- Identify and report discrepancies or financial operational trends in SAP which are not in compliance with “Best Practices”.
- Provide written reports on all analysis and variance with specific documents on control and improvement.
- Complex problem solver
- Bachelor degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Finance, Business Administration, Statistics, Economics; or one to two years related experience and/or training in financial costing and revenue analysis, trend analysis, etc; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Expertise in at least one shipping industry functional (e.g. Operations, Logistics, Finance, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge and expertise in working with Microsoft Excel. Word, Power Point and Outlook also required.
- Proven costing/financial analysis skills/experience.
- Knowledge of SAP FI/CO is preferred.
- Business acumen - to understand market trends, to define initiatives and to find top-notch solutions