We are seeking a qualified candidate for one of our clients in New Berlin, WI. If you are a truck driver that is working on the road or working crazy hours commercially, then this is the position for you!! This client offers the work/life balance that you might be seeking within a commercial truck driver position. Apply now to hear more!!
Shift: 1st shift; Monday thru Friday; NO nights and NO weekends. Flexible start time (6:00am to7:00am)
- Maintains a safe driving record and reports any accidents or infractions whether on or off duty.
- Ensures vehicle is in good operating order and communicates any current or potential truck or equipment concerns to the Logistics Manager.
- Ensures the load is secure to prevent shifting or damage to product before disembarking.
- Submits inspection sheets for review and filing.
- Checks all fluid levels on the vehicle. Completes maintenance activities on the vehicle such as replenishment of washer fluid or addition of fuel additives as appropriate.
- Utilizes a straight truck with air brakes to complete all assigned pick-up and deliveries each day in accordance with defined delivery instructions communicating any hurdles as encountered.
- If requested by customer, places items into the appropriate storage area(s) ensuring proper rotation of customer stock as required.
- Gathers required proof of delivery using company provided mobile phone (capture photo of delivered items or have customer sign for items.)
- Occasionally picks up product or equipment from customers or vendors while on route.
- Occasionally collects payment for items upon delivery.
- Assists in the warehouse with material handling and inventory management as needed, including operation of powered industrial trucks (order picker, pallet jack, fork truck.)