Shift: 1st shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clean and Prepare Surfaces Must first prepare the surface they are going to paint. If there are previous finishes on the surface, they remove them using masking, grit blast or chemical rinse. Then, they clean and smooth the surface and let it dry before painting.
• Prepare Paints
• Apply Paint Painters use a variety of techniques and tools to paint surfaces. They may use spray equipment, airbrushes, stencils, rollers or brushes. Industrial painters must choose the best tool for the job at hand. They paint on primers, pre-finishes and finishing coats. Some Industrial Painters must use special safety equipment such as self-contained suits or protective eyewear.
• Clean Work Areas
• Maintain Equipment Industrial Painters are responsible for maintenance of their painting equipment, some of which is quite technical. They must be able to trouble shooting any problems that the equipment may have.
Detail-oriented and dependable, a successful Industrial Painter can follow instructions and consistently produce good work. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, employers are seeking Industrial Painter candidates with the following skills:
• Experience in automotive or industrial equipment painting.
• Experience wet painting using a gun.
• Ability to differentiate between colors.
• Ability to work on multiple priorities with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to use hand and power tools and equipment.
• Industry Training & Certification.
• Experience mixing colors.
#RemedyJobs #WaterlooJobs #IndustrialPainterJobs