Know Manufacturer looking for Laboratory Technician
Temp to Hire
D shift: Thurs/Fri-10:45pm-7:15am, Sat/Sun- 7pm-7am
Must be comfortable/flexible with LOTS of OT
**Must be comfortable/flexible with mandated OT for coverage purposes
- Performs tests to examine the properties and determine the disposition of manufactured rubber.
- Locates paints and retests questionable compounds.
- Notifies Mixing Technician or supervisor if problems are detected in a batch and writes reject or blend ticket.
- Calibrates test equipment as required.
- Completes Daily Quality Report sheet (sent to supervisor) and Tally sheet (sent to Millroom department manager) on a daily basis and maintains files of report copies.
- Certifies carbon black is loaded into proper main tank and obtains samples to send to the main lab.
- Maintains a clean & safe work area.
- Files and updates folders for test results.
- Paints base stock, finished compounds and masterbatch for identification.
- Resample skids lacking O.K. tickets.
- Resample rejected compounds for disposition.
- Stock tagging/releasing of compounds from all banburys.
- Run dispersion Analyzer Test on compounds, as shift requires.
- Works to directive of supervision and performs other duties as required
- Preps, cures and tension tests incoming and in-process production beadwire, steelcord for SWAT adhesion. Works to the direction of the Material Analysis on shift. Generates, analyzes and plots test data via software. Release materials as required to keep customer departments on schedule. SBAT and SEAT testing will be required also.
- Release raw materials via the GY SIS (Supplier Information System) as needed on shift.
- Preps Fabric H-test samples and performs tests on shift. Test data to be recorded in database.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates Degree in Lab Technology or related field; relevant lab or mechanical work experience in lieu of degree.
- 1-2 years experience as a Lab Technician or applicable mechanical work experience.
- Knowledge of production testing of components.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good decision making problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
Proficient PC skills utilizing Microsoft Word & Excel software applications