Remedy Recruiting is seeking a Product Manager in Norfolk, Virginia. This role is responsible for the overall product management and forecasting of specific product portfolios. This position will work to evaluate sales performances by product and formulate corporate long-range plans, goals, and objectives to ensure optimum performance of products. The incumbent will work closely with Sales and Supply Chain to achieve the high levels of service the customers expect.
- Gathers market and competitive intelligence and stays attuned to customer input.
- Develops and maintains tools to effectively review and analyze currently marketed products, reporting actual vs. goals to senior management
- Develops and maintains forecasting, analysis, and market share attainments for custom nucleic acid chemistry and oligonucleotide portfolios
- Develops, communicates, and coordinates new product launch plans and strategy to the Sales & Marketing team to achieve or exceed share and net sales goals
- Coordinates with Supply Chain to ensure appropriate product inventory levels and expected Customer Service levels
- Stays current with industry trends and market intelligence, specifically with respect to the Company’s current product portfolio, to understand key competitive issues in relation to pricing and business strategy
- Provides proactive and in-depth financial analysis of product or market-specific business activity
- Tracks and monitors performance of product portfolio & recommends strategies to maximize opportunities
- Develops innovative marketing programs for assigned products
- BS degree in Biology, Chemistry or Life Science.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in the biotechnology industry, with at least 2 years of product management experience
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Must demonstrate collaborative work style, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with internal customers
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong strategic management skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to summarize detailed data into an actionable recommendation for a variety of audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results, and deadline driven environme