Levittown, Pa 19057
Pay rate: $25/hour (40 hours/Week)
Shift times: 3rd Shift: 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM
Provides technical support to production equipment in an Operating Center under the direction of the Senior Technician, Lead Technician, and Regional Support Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for mechanical and electronic repairs of all mail processing equipment.
• Completes preventive maintenance according to TQM and vendor operating standards.
• Responds to equipment break down or emergency situations with urgency and expediency.
• Consistently utilizes Infor EAM Software and maintains the spare parts/supply inventory.
• Evaluates and assesses equipment problems by troubleshooting and completing repairs in a timely manner.
• Communicates and/or escalates serious equipment issues to the Senior Technician or Lead Technician
• Attends appropriate technical training classes
• Studies, reviews and utilizes vendor technical manuals, publications or updates, as needed, to remain familiar with all changes or modifications to equipment.
• Assists other PB locations with moving and/or installing of equipment as needed.
• Responds to cell phone calls during on-call periods or during emergency situations.
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems, establish priorities, and work under deadline pressures.
• Ability to communicate clearly, explain equipment maintenance or repair needs to management technicians, vendors and other employees.
• Must work well with others in a team environment
• Must be able to take instruction or direction given in English
• The ability to read and follow schematics
• The ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as required
• Available to travel 10% of the time
• Ability to use basic electrical/electronic testing equipment