Work as a liaison between the laboratory engineer and the system/component/design engineers. In general testing includes the following:
• Set up and perform a wide variety of complex laboratory tests requiring knowledge and application of the basic air-conditioning, heating, ventilation, acoustics, mechanics or electronics.
• Communicate (written and oral) with the Test Lab Management, system/component requesting engineer and/or manager (the Test Lab Client
• Prepare test samples for tests so that the necessary measurements can be made to the required accuracy, precision and tolerance.
• Be able to troubleshoot, with help if necessary, any Unit Under Test (UUT) and/or facility problems using digital volt meters, various gauges and manometers.
• Must have good brazing/soldering skills, electrical wiring, computer and troubleshooting skills of air-conditioning and electrical controls to perform HVAC test setups.
• Understand test methods, computer aided data acquisition & test operation and provide accurate data records.
• Communicate project status and/or problems to management, laboratory engineer, requesting engineers and other laboratory technicians.
• Keep tools, equipment, instrumentation and transducers in good working order and properly calibrated at all times.
• Required Assoc. Degree in engineering technology required (HVAC, electrical and/or mechanical technology.) or 1 year of technical school, trade school (HVAC) and 1-3 years minimum equivalent field experience servicing/installing air-conditioning equipment • State HVAC certification preferred • Experience with brazing/soldering, • Experience with electrical wiring and troubleshooting • Experienced with air-conditioning and electrical controls troubleshooting.
***Additional Screenings may be required.***