Must have open availability. The work schedule (days and hours) varies and is subject to change based upon facility needs.
Overtime, holiday, and weekend work required.
Location: Havana, FL
Duration: Temp to hire; long-term
The Warehouse/Utility person performs multiple jobs throughout each department. Also serves as breakout employee for various production positions within the department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs different jobs within the department to include but not limited to… pulling veneer, running stackers, feeding veneer at dryers, pulling and grading veneer at dryers, running sheet drops, feeding core, laying core, etc
- Must be able to break out for breaks at different jobs
- Sweeps up saw dust and veneer scraps with a push broom
- Picks up scraps of veneer with shovel, rake, or by hand
- Paints various plant equipment and materials (barriers, framework, guards, etc.)
- Mops floors, scrubs sinks, toilets, water fountains, and other equipment with brushes and rags
- Washes windows using brushes and rags
- Performs duties of various production positions within the mill when required
- Follow Company policies, procedures and safety rules