CPA Tax Manager
Located in Tyler, TX
Salary is 92k DOE
Not a remote position
Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within appropriate time frame.
- Will need technical skills and People management experience to oversee a team of 5-6 accountants.
- This position works very closely with the partners and clients of the firm
- A manager in the tax department will be involved in most areas for which the partners are responsible
- A successful manager has a complete knowledge of the firm's philosophy and policies.
- Managing the entire return process.
- Delegate work load, review the finished product and sign off on all completed projects.
- Recognize, research, document and resolve complex technical tax issues.
- Manage the staff and oversee their assignments and development.
- Assist with the automation and process improvement of the tax compliance process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred
- Must hold a current and valid CPA license
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns.
- Knowledge of tax software and MS Office programs.
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems.
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills.
- Supervisory experience.