Pay: $15.00-19.00 DOE
Operates a spray painter or other equipment to apply industrial paint finishes on metals or products. Mixes paints and other solutions and monitors drying to ensure desired results.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine proper color for unit.
- Check paint line for completed units from test facility for green ribbon, indicating that the unit has been tested and is ready for painting.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Wash, sand and prepare frame for painting.
- Clean, prime and cut-in frame.
- Responsible for maintaining proper attendance.
- Send unit to New Production for final assembly.
- Select appropriate coatings, paints, or sprays, or prepare them by mixing substances according to formulas, using automated paint mixing equipment.
- Hold or position spray guns to direct spray onto articles.
- Fill hoppers, reservoirs, troughs, or pans with material used to coat, paint, or spray, using conveyors or pails.
- Start and stop operation of machines, using levers or buttons.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections, or by using viscometers.
- Attach hoses or nozzles to machines, using wrenches and pliers, and make adjustments to obtain the proper dispersion of spray.
- Turn dials, handwheels, valves, or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperature, air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Perform test runs to ensure that equipment is set up properly.
- Clean machines, related equipment, and work areas, using water, solvents and other cleaning aids.
- Examine, measure, weigh, or test sample products to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Attach and align machine parts such as rollers, guides, brushes, and blades, using hand tools.
- Paint small items and perform touch-up painting, using paint brushes
- High School diploma or GED required; graduate of a technical/vocational training program is preferred.
- One to two years of professional painting preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401k
Email: Adam.Angyal@remedystaff.com or give us a call on 386-615-8859 ext. 0
APPLY TODAY for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION for our Painter I job!
Members of the Military and Veterans Encouraged to Apply!