Remedy Staffing is seeking a Senior Accountant for one of our local Real Estate Development clients here in Honolulu!
Title: Senior Accountant
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant works closely with the Assistant Controller and other members of the Accounting Department to maintain all Accounting Records and Financial Reports for various properties and operating entities within the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain accounting records and prepare monthly financial statements for assigned entities.
- Responsibilities include management of Accounts Receivable collections and Accounts Payable processing of payments and initiating bank transfers.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals and overall maintenance of all operational reserve accounts.
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations and analysis for various entities. Investigate, report and correct any account discrepancies.
- Identify and participate in the resolution of issues in the financial accounting area such as allocation methodology or accruals.
- Assist in the review of all monthly and annually required General Excise Tax filings.
- Support year end closing and tax preparation for all entities, including preparation of 1099 forms.
- Assist with loan reporting and compliance as needed.
- Assist in budget review process annually.
- Assist with developing and documenting internal control policies and procedures.
Minimum Experience and Education:
- College degree or equivalent of 2 to 4 years experience as an Accountant or in the Accounting/Finance field.
- Advanced competency in financial management and accounting software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Target salary: $65,000 per year, negotiable.