Logistics Specialist needed for a great company in Hilliard OH!
Our client in Hilliard is looking for someone with logistics experience to join their amazing team! This is a Direct Hire Opportunity!
Hours: 7:00AM - 4:00PM Monday - Friday
Pay: $48,000 - $55,000
This position is responsible for specific customer(s) assigned by Logistics Supervisor and GM of Logistics. Implements program activities, coordinates efforts of production departments, determines logistic support sequences and time phasing, and directly interfaces with automotive customers. Analyzes constructional commitments, customer specifications, design changes, and other data to plan and develop logistic program activities from prototype stage to mass production through the end of product life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interface with necessary personnel within the group as well as customers to resolve logistical & material flow issues and to carry out goals and targets given.
- Attend and lead meetings as needed.
- Ensure entry into our ERP system.
- Coordinate EDI transactions and resolve EDI errors.
- Monitor production, inventory levels, and material flow.
- Ensure 100% on time delivery.
- Maintain records of shipments.
- Interface with prototype and new model buyers of customers as assigned.
- Support sales in entry of new parts into the company ERP system.
- Interface with plants and customers to support trial events.
- Interface with customer parts procurement Furukawa production control departments in order to reduce or eliminate obsolescence.
- Initiate the negotiation of obsolescence claims with the customer.
- Receive mass production, service, and prototype orders from customers.
- Develop, maintain, and report off-line tracking tools (i.e. spreadsheets) to coordinate with all related personnel to produce desired results.
- Obtain and demand forecast information and ensure importation or entry into the company ERP system for use by Production Control and any other related personnel.
- Monitor customer forecast activity in order to challenge variations in customer demand as needed.
- Coordinate delivery issues of automotive program launch
- Coordinate automotive mass production build out.
- Learn and master specific customer requirements related to delivery and order processing. Advocate for the customer by communicating customer requirements.
- Maintain availability after normal business hours to support 24-hour production at customer sites and international meetings.
We strongly encourage our Military Personnel and Veterans to apply!