A large local company is looking for an experienced Executive Chef to oversee their catering operations in Honolulu. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Position Title: Executive Chef - Catering
- Oversees all menu planning, food preparation, production and controls for all catered events including outside revenues generation of retail sales to meet the highest standards of quality.
- Creates, costs and prepares set catering menus to represent varied interests and price points
- Hires, trains, supervises and schedules culinary staff in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls and forecast needs.
- Manages daily kitchen operations including planning, scheduling and ordering of necessary ingredients.
- Builds relationships with vendors to ensure quality products, preferred pricing and priority business communications.
- At least five (5) years of progressive experience as a chef in charge of operations or as an executive sous chef with knowledge or domestic and international dishes
- Extensive knowledge of menu development, marketing and cost and wage control
- Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation methods
- Ability to analyze and forecast data and make judgment to ensure proper payroll and production controls
Salary - Based on experience.