Machine Operator / General Labor positions available in Perth Amboy, NJ
Shift - Night (2nd)
City – Perth Amboy, NJ
Salary per hour - $20.50
Days - Monday to Friday
Position – Machine Operator / General Labor
Schedule - 3:00pm to 3:00am (Twelve-hour shifts)
Job description and responsibilities:
• Reading blueprints or looking at sketches to determine how to install rebar or mesh.
• Figuring out the quantity, size, and shapes of reinforcing rods and determining where to place them.
• Preparing rebar and mesh for installation using metal shears, hacksaws, and torches.
• Bending or welding rebar together.
• Installing cables.
• Using pliers to tie wire around rods to fasten them together
• Position and secure rods, cables, mesh, or rebar in concrete forms.
Minimum job requirements (Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• Ability to work well under pressure (100% minimum)
• Organizational Skills (100% minimum)
• Verbal & Written Communication Skills (100% minimum)
• Multitasker (100% minimum)
• Team Player (100% minimum)
• English Language (65% minimum)
• Attention to small detail (100% minimum)
• Ability to pull or push up to 50lbs.
• Minimum Education required: High School Diploma or GED.