The Production Manager is responsible for both the quality and cost of all production at the deli facility. The Production Manager is expected to surpass budget regarding cost of product, labor goals, efficiency standards, as well as expectations for quality throughout production runs.
Having ultimate control over all direct labor in the plant during a shift, the Production Manager oversees via direct reports, approximately 50% percent of the plantwide workforce. The Production Manager will need to work well with upstream (sales and procurement) and downstream departments (warehouse and single unit selection department) as well as support departments such as Quality Assurance and Maintenance.
Key deliverables include:
- Ability to mentor and develop production supervisors and leads in a promote-from-within environment
- Ability to grasp the production schedule iterations by product and production area. This includes the understanding of timing and input constraints as well as an ability to cycle finished goods to different production lines based on real time information and evaluation.
- Ability to line staff and labor plan to meet target as well as ensure on time production
- Able to disseminate metrics and KPIs to direct reports while also able to tailor the delivery of the information and follow up in different manners, depending upon audience and experience
- Leading by example mentality resulting in majority of their time spent on the floor supporting direct reports and successful daily production allowing a culture of floor presence to thrive with direct reports and their next level of leadership below. The production manager will be expected and required to spend approximately seventy-five percent of their time directly on the floor.
- Ultimate responsibility for direct labor and a significant portion of indirect labor spend plantwide
- Must work well closely with the Production Quality team to ensure consistent execution of product builds to customer specification