The Sea Freight Import Clerk or as it is sometimes known, Ocean Freight Import Clerk, deals with the transportation of goods in sea containers.
This job is located in the Freight Forwarding industry within the Shipping and Logistics Sector.
Air/Sea Freight Clerk
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Pay Rate: $23.00/hr.
- The containers are shipped via major worldwide seaports or terminals.
- The Sea Freight Import Clerk handles the inbound transportation of the goods ensuring all documentation is in order ready to receive shipments.
- In the role of Sea Freight Import Clerk you're expected to have a full understanding of the documentation processes required to successfully receive goods into the country of destination and be especially familiar with the role of Customs and the preparation of Bills of Lading.
- The Sea Freight Import Clerk job is directly involved with all imported goods received into the country of destination.
- The principle function of the Sea Freight Import Clerk is to ensure all necessary paperwork is complete and legally acceptable to Customs to allow clearance and entry into the country.
- Meet requirements to obtain charges and cargo release details from freight forwarding agents and shipping lines.
- The Sea Freight Import Clerk is also responsible for ensuring any payments due are made in advance of any shipment as required. You will process all payments and raise necessary paperwork for accounting purposes inline with company requirements.
- You will arrange the release and transportation of goods received to cargo importers.
- The Sea Freight Import Clerk liaises daily with external agents and clients to ensure the smooth and efficient discharge of their duties.