IT Field Technician need in Newark OH!
Our client is seeking a personable and technologically-savvy person to join their team This role is ideal for those who enjoy fixing technical problems, communicating with customers, and being a team player.
Hours: 7:30AM - 4:30PM
Pay: $18 - $20/HR
The primary focus of this position will be to work with the Information Systems and Technology team to support project and installation initiatives. You will work with colleagues to develop processes, implement effective workflow and embrace best practices to support company priorities and business growth activities
• Service and maintenance for printers, projectors, smartboards and audio video equipment
• Assist with staging and installation activities including, but not limited to, telephony, wireless, network, data center and compute
• Mount and place various IST equipment at installation sites including, but not limited to, access points, phones, etc.
• Participate in customer project meetings
• Maintain and update technical documentation
• Participate in special projects
• Develop processes, implement effective workflow and embrace best practices
• Provide redundancy and backup support for other team members
• Be a supportive team member to others
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Strong mechanical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Relevant prior work experience
• Frequent travel between school buildings within district
• Availability to work nights and weekends only as needed
• Mechanically inclined; ability to use hand tools and climb ladders
• Meet physical demands of the position including the ability to lift and handle up to 45 pounds of materials, bend, stoop and stretch as required for placement and retrieval of materials or equipment on shelving