Under direction from the purchasing department supervisor supports purchasing office functions. Major responsibilities are primarily analytical in function and will include analysis of inventory and yield, monitoring of daily and monthly materials inventory as well as daily movement of inventory. Generates purchases orders and contacts vendors as needed. Participates in special purchasing projects.
Hours: 8:00AM to 5:00PM - Monday thru Friday and some Saturdays 1/2 day. We may have flexibility on the hours and open to the person working more hours/day
Pay: $15.00 negotiable based on experience.
- Monitor daily movement of materials and keeps department supervisor and others informed of material inventory level to include raw packaging
and film, etc. to ensure enough for scheduled processing requirements.
- Review for accuracy and process invoices daily
- Review’s production requirements and scheduling reports.
- Checks inventory quantities of products daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Participates in cycle counts and monthly physical inventory.
- Creates/keys in purchase orders for materials and send via appropriate channels
- Update’s vendor information in the database
- Responds to customer (production) inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations
- Responds to supplier (vendors) inquiries and follows up on order status, discrepancies, or any other issues
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Requirements:
- 2 or more years’ experience in purchasing or in a similar capacity, preferably in the food manufacturing industry.
- Must have at least 2 years of proficient hands-on experience working with Microsoft office: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Previous experience working with software such as SAP “preferred”
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good organization and interpersonal skills
- Experience dealing with and communicating with suppliers via phone and email.
- Able to multitask, must be flexible and able to deal well with daily changes.
- Solid math skills (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication) utilizing a calculator.
- Detail oriented and good analytical ability.
- Accurate data entry skills required.
- Quick learner with the ability to gain a general understanding and competency in the duties performed.
- Conversant in Spanish helpful but not required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some college coursework preferred
Members of the Military and Veterans are Encouraged to Apply TODAY!
All interested applicants are encouraged to come in and APPLY TODAY to either one of our locations listed below:
2518 Nacogdoches Rd. San Antonio, TX 78217 - 210.366.3400
1950 SW Military Dr. San Antonio, TX 78221 - 210.973.68