Forklift Operator – Material Handler - 3rd Shift/ 5 PM - 2AM
We are currently working with a leading local beverage company that is in need of an experience warehoused professional with forklift experience for a temp to hire Material Handler position starting ASAP. Our partner is one of Florida’s top beverage distributors, offering outstanding benefits, opportunities for leadership and growth, and has a tip-tear safety record. They are looking for a self-motivated, reliable, customer focused team member who is willing to work and success with them. The ideal candidate for this position can work in a variety of working conditions, enjoys a fast-paced work environment, and loves being part of a team that loves what they do. Material Handlers at this location load and/or unloads product delivered to the warehouse depending on which shift or warehouse the team member is assigned. Material Handlers also move product around within warehouses so inventory can be easily accessed for processing of orders and assist other team members when needed. Material Handlers at this location must be certified to safely operate a Forklift and other necessary PPE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unloads incoming product to the warehouse using forklift or by hand when required if working the day shift. Verifies inventory of incoming product.
- Stacks pallets of product in designated areas in the warehouse. Puts stock in cooler (with forklift).
- Rotates stock and checks for pull dates if working the day shift.
- Loads dunnage to return to brewery if working the day shift.
- Counts and verifies outgoing keg or case loads against loadsheets.
- Loads trucks in accordance with drivers’ load sheets.
- Checks and verifies load sheets and new orders to determine if additional products need to be added to trucks for delivery.
- Loads add on’s onto route trucks for delivery to accounts.
- Unloads any returns from trucks.
- Documents temperatures of kegs received from MillerCoors Breweries if working in keg warehouse if working the day shift.
- Sends bad kegs back to brewery if assigned to the day shift in the keg warehouse.
- Inspects expiration dates on kegs and cases and reports to management on stock about to expire.
- Cleans up cooler or consolidates stock area in case warehouse in order to create room for incoming product if working the day shift.
- Completes dunnage reports if working the day shift.
- Conducts inventory of breakage. Counts breakage by truck and account if working the day shift.
- Assists with repacking breakage. Returns repacked beer back on line.
- Adheres to all safety codes and OSHA standards.
- Assists with keeping warehouse clean and orderly.
- Works overtime when required.
- Fills in for personnel on other shifts when required.
- Assembles product for outside distributors and J.J. Taylor accounts.
- Performs any additional duties and special tasks assigned by the Director of Operations or Department Supervisor
- Able to provide courteous and timely service to customers.
- Able to communicate clearly with others.
- Possesses a positive attitude on the job.
- Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions. Listens actively to others’ directions.
- Is dependable and reliable. Maintains high work standards.
- Able to maintain order and cleanliness of trucks and warehouses.
- Able to plan and organize tasks and time effectively.
- Able to work constructively under stress and pressure.
- Is alert and attentive to details.
- Knowledge of products, product codes and delivery routes.
- Knowledge of proper lifting procedures.
Physical Requirements and Working conditions:
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms, bend, stoop, kneel and climb around warehouse when loading or unloading beer.
- Must be able to regularly unload product (case of beer), which averages to 40 lbs., but can weigh up to a maximum of 49 lbs.
- Able to maneuver a two-wheel dolly effectively. Able to operate a forklift or long fork pallet jack safely and effectively.
- Must be able to lift/move kegs which average 165 lbs.
Minimum Educational, Vocational and Experience requirements:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous warehouse experience desired.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift certification.
- 1 year of verifiable Forklift or another PPE operator experience preferred