DC Department Manager needed In Delaware OH!
Our client is looking for a 2nd shift Department Manager to run their warehouse in Delaware!
Hours: 4:00PM - 12:30AM
The overall mission of this position involves leading the department to supply auto parts and accessories to the store locations. All Team members will be required to assist in any department (other than their primary department) when and where their assistance is required.
The DC Department Manager works with the Operations Manager to develop and implement strategies that drive continuous improvement and maximize productivity and efficiency to reduce overall costs. Is responsible for ensuring a continuous stream of talent to sustain organizational growth and improve operations by attracting, retaining, and developing team members and meet their needs for career growth.
- Must be knowledgeable in all facets of the Distribution Center (DC), overseeing or more of the following departments: Shipping, Receiving, Replenishment Reclamation, Inventory Control, etc.
- Meet with Operations Manager and Team Manager to discuss and review work methods, procedures, and controls, and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement of product and recommend alternative solutions as needed
- Directly responsibility for the overall direction and coordination of the department with 50+ Team Members
- Conduct start-up meetings with Team Managers to discuss daily results, shift and department goals, directives/workloads, staffing needs, schedules, safety/housekeeping issues, and work assignments; discuss goals and objectives for the shift/department and Team Member performance
- Responsible for the efficient operations of the Warehouse Management System(s) (WMS) and Red Prairie (RP); assuring Red Prairie/Payroll data is updated daily and submitted to HR on time
- Ensure warehouse layout is maximized efficiently, including proper slotting of inventory
- Consistently monitor all safety procedures and ensure that all corresponding personal protection equipment (PPE) is utilized; proper maintenance and organization of all warehouse areas to create a safe working environment
- Ensure that inventory is received appropriately and efficiently, and processed in a timely and safe manner by following established procedures; manage through Team Managers and Team Members to ensure product is picked accurately, pick locations are at full capacity, and on time shipment to the stores
Members of the Military and Veteran hero's are Encouraged to Apply!
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel software applications
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with Team Members at all levels
- Working knowledge of Warehouse Management (WMS) and Red Prairie (RP) systems
- Ability to add subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to set specific measurable improvement goals and match resources, tools, and action plans to requirements for success
- Good decision making and problem solving skills; ability to fill in and complete management and clerical duties as necessary
- Ability to read, comprehend and compose simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, ability to effectively present information and training; respond to questions across all levels of the organization and cultivate relationships with internal and external customers to achieve business objectives
- Ability to work various shifts, departments and locations as required, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Proper maintenance and organization of all warehouse areas so that it's appearance is conducive to creating a perfect safe working environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required; college preferred and 2-4 years related experience (prior warehouse experience is strongly preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience