Remedy Staffing is looking for an Experienced Inventory Control Specialist in the Binghamton, NY area!
Shift: 6am-2:30pm (Monday through Friday)
This position is responsible for all aspects of the cycle count process in order to achieve and maintain high levels of inventory accuracy throughout the facility. Under minimal supervision, this individual will work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Perform cycle counts to ensure the integrity of all finished goods.
- Control the incoming and outgoing movement of parts and integrate to the MRP system on a regular basis.
- Investigate, resolve and document inventory discrepancies through various systems.
- Report production orders operation completed.
- Generate a daily cycle count sheet for various departments.
- Address the root causes of inventory errors and suggest corrective actions.
- Handle requests for inventory verifications and treat as priority.
- Participate in physical inventory, maintain documents, files, and records
- Process a variety of reports in written and electronic form.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of inventory and scrap audits.
- Maintain a perpetual inventory system by ensuring the inventory is completely counted twice annually; cycle counts and physical inventory.
- Monitor disposal of obsolescence.
- Analyze supplies and service requirements using MRP and shop floor requisitions.
- Prepare and communicate orders to suppliers when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED diploma.
- Minimum of two years or related experience in inventory control, specifically in a Manufacturing setup.
- 3 - 4 years of purchasing experience preferred; to help act as a backup buyer.
- Experience with MRP systems.
- Ability to establish strong and effective working relationships.
- Proficient in MS Word, and Excel
- Excellent analytical skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Great verbal and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in basic math
- Ability to resolve problems and prioritize workload
- Organizational skills and oriented to detail.
- Experience with Physical Year End Inventory
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position will work in a manufacturing setting with exposure to heavy equipment, machinery, and related noise levels. Position will be frequently required to sit, walk, talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or operate forklift and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Must be capable of lifting 0-50lbs. in the proper ergonomic position.