Remedy Staffing is looking for a Machine Operator in the Binghamton, NY area!
Operates conventional, computer numerical control machines (CNC) and machining centers to machine metallic and nonmetallic parts to established specifications. May be required to run all types of grinders, lathes, jig bores, jig grinders, vertical and horizontal machining centers.
- Uses blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals or other specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of work pieces, setup requirements and sequence of operations.
- Applies knowledge of machining theory and procedures to the operation of various types of equipment and processes.
- Uses specifications, dimensions and tolerances to machine parts as well as verifying conformance of parts. Must be able to work with tolerances within one ten-thousands of an inch.
- Monitors processes to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Initiates improvements to processes, parts, tooling, and equipment.
- Will be required to work in a team environment to ensure continuous process and quality improvement.
- Conducts preventive and corrective actions to assure continuous process and quality improvement.
- Ensure quality and self-inspection are performed as per prints and process documentation, using drawings, fixtures, jigs and/or measuring instruments.
- Ensure established objectives are met.
- Ensure safe handling of parts to avoid damage to product.
- Ensure product and routing information is accurate.
- Set work station up ergonomically to avoid unnecessary movements creating fatigue.
- Participate actively in the instructions and coaching given on the utilization of jigs and set processes.
- Actively participate in the upkeep and cleanliness of the workplace and general area overall.
- Perform routine machine maintenance as stipulated and outlined in the maintenance procedure manual.
- Keep workplace safe and free of dangerous obstacles.
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work both, independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn quickly, and retain and apply knowledge
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills
- High School diploma or GED with related machine trade experience.
- At least 1-3 years of machining experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position will work in a manufacturing setting with exposure to heavy equipment, machinery, and related noise levels. Position will be frequently required to walk, stand, bend, squat, and otherwise move continuously throughout shift. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.