Remedy Recruiting is seeking a Human Resource Manager for a manufacturing client in Orangeburg, NY. If you seek a challenge want to create a work environment suitable for all, apply today!
As the Human Resource Manager, you will oversee the recruitment process, onboarding, and policies of the organization. This role will work with our employees throughout their entire time within the company, from new hires to exit interviews.
Responsibilities shall include, but shall not be limited to:
- Overseeing recruitment, selection and the onboarding process
- Managing a company’s appraisal system and conducting appraisal meetings
- Ensuring that a company’s procedures comply with employment regulations
- Managing and training the HR team
- Monitoring various aspects of an employee’s performance, such as attendance and sick leave
- Accessing the need for training and then designing and implementing training programs accordingly
- Handling any disciplinary processes and formal grievances
- Setting and reviewing pay structures and employee perks and benefits
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Perform Human Resource functions
· Prepare monthly union dues reporting
· Review new hires monthly for ACA compliance
· Prepare FMLA paperwork as needed
· Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits
· Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements
· Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
· Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes
· Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen and effectively verbalize ideas
- Strong leadership skills to guide an HR team and support and motivate staff
- A solid understanding of the key principles of employment law
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations including during disciplinary hearings or staff conflicts
- Knowledge of the relevant computer systems and software programs including HRSmart software
- Solid ethics and morals and sound judgment
- Bachelors Required - Preferred Masters of Human Resources
- Experience of managing 500+ employees
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook/Word/Excel).
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to maintain a positive, professional demeanor.
- Possess strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be a team player.