Senior Financial Analyst needed in Lexington, KY
Job Summary: The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for applying principles of finance to analyze financial information and businesses processes by performing the below duties. This function requires well developed skills in business analysis, process improvement, and creative thinking. This position will need to be able to understand operational processes and how they impact Financial performance.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Assist in the preparation of the “bottoms-up” monthly forecast and annual budget.
- Support the ongoing maintenance and evolution of the planning processes, including compiling and reporting results, and understanding / explaining points of variance.
- Aid strategic planning and decision-making efforts by identifying trends in product, market/channel segments, and key customers.
- Create ad hoc reports to evaluate business results and identify impact versus the forecast modeling assumptions.
- Collaborate with business partners to drive positive results.
- Effectively work with other functional teams to ensure that their departmental expenses will not exceed quarterly forecasted targets.
- Identify opportunities and implement action plans to improve forecast accuracy, cost savings, profit enhancement, and efficiency.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Initiative – Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Business Acumen – spots trends; can explain the “why” and translate how actions link to the broader business.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits feedback to improve service. Meets commitments. Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Communications - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Responds well to questions. Demonstrates the ability to present in front of groups, including senior management.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Adaptability – Handles risk and uncertainty.
- Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 - 6 years relevant work experience
- Strong technical knowledge of building the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flows from bottom up
- CPA and/or MBA, a plus