Title: Customer Service Rep 1
Type: Temporary with possibility for Conversion
Location: remote position (candidates should be located in Eastern or Central Time Zones)
Now requires the Covid-19 vaccine.
The main function of a customer service representative is to interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. A typical customer service representative is responsible for determining the client’s issue, offer possible solutions or providing follow-up as needed. Customer service agents may be inbound, outbound or a combination of both.
- Resolve customers’ service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and adjusting bills.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Work in a high-volume call center environment with the ability to multi-task and utilize multiple system components within a single call. Will also need strong ability to talk/type to minimize talk time.
- Completes and processes necessary paperwork as assigned (i.e., Financial Assistance, PHI disclosures, etc.…)
- Works collaboratively with peers and senior management
- Completes/Resolves CRMs and/or AIFs within expected time frames
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Word (Intermediate Level)
- - Computer/data entry skills required - System knowledge preferred - Must be proficient with computers and attentive to detail - Possess analytical and problem solving skills - Strong written and oral communication skills - Experience working with various insurance policies and procedures related to claim adjudication and payment processes; - Can utilize resources to complete tasks and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals(talk/type while on phone with patients) - Ability to problem solve in a timely manner with efficient resolutions - Represents the office/Organization in a positive manner; supports and encourages strong morale and spirit in his/her team - Works well with others - Must maintain patient/client confidentiality - Employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds - Cerner experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Entry to 2 years of customer service-related experience required.
- 2-3 years of additional schooling/related work experience; including 1 year of Physician Billing A/R Follow Up
- Strong customer service experience