Remedy is seeking a full time Client Accounting Associate in the Norfolk, VA area for a permanent role.
Centralized in our Norfolk, Virginia office, the Client Accounting Associates work with the integrated client team to support the investment management, strategic advice and service required by a Family Office client. The team works with clients across multiple geographies.
The Client Accounting Associate is a key member of the team and should be comfortable speaking with clients and a wide range of
colleagues. The Client Accounting Associate will be responsible for working with Portfolio Managers, Strategic Advisors and Client Service Relationship Associates regarding the accounting needs and complexities of family office clients.
The primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interact with Family Office Controller and other members of the Client Accounting and Finance. Will be the second line of communication with Portfolio Manager or Strategic Advisor.
- Write checks for all expenses: bills, payroll, investments, and gifts. Maintain sufficient balance in accounts at all times to cover checks written and other miscellaneous withdrawals. Check bills for accuracy and contact vendors if necessary.
- Oversee the reconciliation of checking accounts by the Director of Client Accounting.
- Record account receivables and record deposits in various bank accounts.
- Maintain general ledger accounts and prepare monthly financial statements and special reports based on client needs.
- Assist members of the Client Accounting team and serve as backup.
- Research and complete special projects as they arise – be able to think creatively and strategically.
- Develop and carry out solutions on the client’s behalf when problems/projects arise.
- Maintain complete records and prepare checks for client’s foundations, trusts, partnerships, and LLC’s. Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis. Work with Client Service Relationship Associate when necessary.
- Prepare checks for charitable contributions for individuals and foundations as directed.
- Organize income tax return information for individuals, trusts, partnerships and foundations. Prepare detailed year-end tax information for third party accountants. Contact Investment Advisors as necessary.
- Understand and document taxable events.
- Work with CPAs to answer questions and serve as point of contact between CPAs and clients.
- Assist with timely filing of all tax returns and tax payments on the client’s behalf.
- Participate in meetings with clients as requested by the client team.
For the employees of clients:
- Prepare payroll.
- Calculate and prepare deposits for payroll taxes.
- Prepare quarterly tax reports. • Prepare annual W-2s, W-3s and VA-6s.
- Maintain employee payroll files, answer questions regarding employment issues, verification of employment etc.
- Research health insurance options as needed.
- 5+ years Bookkeeping Experience (Accounting knowledge)
- Accounting degree required
- Quick Books Enterprise
- Microsoft Excel
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Multi-tasking / Prioritizing Tasks
- Experience in individual tax
Our Client offers a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness program participation incentive
- Financial wellness program
- Gym membership discounts, Fitness event fee reimbursement
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Telemedicine Program (for those enrolled in Medical)
- Adoption Benefits, Daycare late pick-up fee reimbursement
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability, Paid Parental leave, Group Long Term Disability, Pet Insurance
- 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4-year vesting