Lifts workpiece manually or using hoist, and places and secures it in holding fixture, using hand tools. Starts machine, observes operation, and verifies conformance of broached workpieces to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
Machine Operator Responsibilities:
• Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery.
• Operate tools to aid in the manufacturing process.
• Perform periodic checks on equipment and solve problems as detected.
• Work with others to ensure that equipment is in proper working order.
• Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations.
Machine Operator Requirements: • High School Diploma/GED. • Combination of additional education and experience. • Aptitude for math, problem-solving, computers, and mechanics. • Attention to detail. • Ability to work and communicate well with others. • Proficiency with hand tools. • Willing to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods.