Penn Yan company looking for an undercoating/spray paint candidate.
1st shift: $1507
2nd shift 15.77
Auto Body Painter
1. Under the general supervision of the Paint Department Supervisor, the Painter performs all of the tasks required of a painter.
2. Category One: Paints prepared fabricated bus body surfaces and exterior parts, including Step Frames, Emergency Doors, and Handicap Doors.
3. Category Two: Paints bus bodies and exterior bus body parts with multi-color finish coats as required by the production work order
4. The Painter inspects areas to be painted to ensure that the finish coat will meet specifications, then follows applicable painting procedures to apply the finish coat.
They use good housekeeping practices to maintain a hazard and dust free working environment. The Painter carries out all additional painting related tasks that may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
1. Follows prescribed paint department procedures prior to making repairs and painting.
2. Washes unpainted bus body or unpainted external parts to be painted using prescribed organic cleaners.
3. Checks entire bus body for any defects in the paint and repairs where needed.
4. Re-checks caulking to ensure completeness. Re-caulks as needed.
5. Washes entire bus body with prescribed organic cleaner, and wipes down windows with dry rags.
6. Cleans the paint booth and all paint spraying equipment and tools used in the painting process with appropriate organic solvent.
7. Maintains all personal protective equipment in proper working order.
8. Performs Paint Repairs as follows:
a. Inspects area to be painted for defects.
b. On unpainted body and unpainted exterior body parts sands or grinds any defect found then
Apply today. Get your career started!