The responsibility of the NPD Production Control Specialist – Will be to provide support to New Product Development (NPD) in the process of new product qualifications, introduction of new products to operations and to support in all aspects of NPD production projects. The role will support in the planning and scheduling of NPD shop orders including entering and monitoring material requisitions (MRs) and Purchase orders (PRs), monitoring material review board (MRB) status and expediting orders. This position will interact with many levels of the business including engineering, project management, planning and procurement. This role will be heavily involved with inventory transaction and inventory control pertaining to NPD orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe working environment, in conjunction with 6S and lean.
- Adhere to QA procedures and Health & Safety.
- Track and facilitate NPD projects through all phases of qualification and production. Ensure all deliverable. products are completed on-time with all required documentation.
- Communicate problems quickly and to the appropriate contacts to ensure any issues slowing down or stopping a project are resolved in a timely manner. If issues cannot be resolved immediately, monitor progress and push to a resolution.
- Accurately update MRP (IFS) and Manufacturing Scheduling (Win MOP’s) systems in a timely manner. Add production notes into Win MOP’s daily so that any user can know the status of a deliverable line by COB each day.
- Assist NPD technicians in the assembly and testing of product.
- Issue and maintain inventory on NPD projects.
- Assist planning team with daily tasks. Attend planning meetings as needed.
- Maintain excellent communication and working relationship with all departments within the company.
- Creates new shop orders, tracks shop order material complete dates and releases shop orders for kitting.
- Aggressively tracks past due components and sub assembly shortages.
- Monitors and maintains NPD related material requisitions.
- Works closely with procurement to maintain schedule on long lead and complex components.
Education and Experience:
- A.S. Degree, Technical Certificate or APICS, CPIM Certification preferred. Related work experience may be considered in place of degree.
- Minimum 3 years manufacturing experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing processes and “best practices”.
- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing, value-stream mapping & business process mapping a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills a must.
- Excellent internal and external customer facing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills - written & verbal.
- Professional appearance and behavior.
- Excellent Organizational Skills, professional appearance, and behavior.
- Able to read technical drawings and electrical schematics, specifications, and procedures.
- Computer Literate- proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Members of the Military and Veterans Encouraged to Apply!