Remedy Intelligent Staffing is hiring for Porters for work in a large manufacturing facility in Orangeburg, NY.
Summary of Position:
The Porter is responsible for maintaining sanitation levels in and around the warehouse and operations areas as set forth by company standards. Including but not limiting to maintenance repairs and services, maintaining facilities, systems and grounds in safe and reliable condition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general labor duties to maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Ensure trash in all production areas are emptied on an continuing basis to ensure ongoing productivity
- Clean daily all bathrooms
- Clean daily offices, break rooms and conference rooms
- Document in all the Maintenance Logs when each area is cleaned to comply with FDA regulations
- Maintain awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
- Ensure that all areas are swept and mopped.
- Expected to be on site during emergency situations, including but not limited to snow storms and other severe weather, in order to ensure the safety of the buildings, building occupants, and the general public.
- Performs other job-related duties as required. (ie. Painting, snow removal and/or any other assigned task)
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge for the position.
- Ability to apply and a sense of understanding to carry out detail of oral and verbal instructions
- Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training.
- Ability to lift large objects weighing 25 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions including but not limited to heat, cold, rain, and snow.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools (i.e., drill, etc.
Members of the Military and Veterans Encouraged to Apply!