New Opening in Cheektowaga, General Labor!
Pay is $13.50!
Job Duties: The associate will be placing a small piece of metal on a press machine and pushing a button to operator the machine. They will then be removing the piece of material, inspecting the piece and placing it into a bin.
• Performs typical press operations
• Setup and remove tooling
• Observe press in operation and make adjustments to control rate of production
• Monitoring equipment/tooling during production stamping to ensure it is working properly. i.e. watching gages, dials, etc.
• Quality inspections during production runs
• The use of micrometers, calipers, etc. to inspect/measure/visually inspect parts to ensure they conform to specifications
• Includes making minor repairs/maintenance such as oiling and cleaning up around the press when complete
• Communicating clearly and concisely with the supervisor, other production personnel and quality personnel when a problem arises
• Accurately complete a job routing ticket, data chart, time sheet etc.
• Maintain and accurate count of parts
• Possible second shift during peak production periods or as needed
• Extended period of standing while operating press and running production
• Follow all prescribed safety regulations i.e. PPE (safety glasses and steel toe boots) etc.
• Safely handle scrap during and after production run
• When applicable, use computers for data entry
• The employee is exposed to high noise levels from operating machine
• The employee is required to stand, walk, pull and bend to the floor
• Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent