Remedy is now hiring a Quality Technician - Certification Documentation!
This position is responsible for ensuring that certifications for incoming materials, parts, and assemblies are complete and in alignment with purchasing specifications. This position is responsible for reviewing and comparing the Purchase Order (PO) requirements sent to a supplier and the certifications provided by the supplier, and approving the certification as compliant to the PO requirements. This position will interact with multiple other groups, including Purchasing, Receiving, Incoming Inspection, Engineering, and Book Build to achieve the goals of this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all incoming certification documentation (certs) provided by suppliers.
- Identification and review of correct certs provided by suppliers prior to entry into ERP system.
- Review the PO requirements provided to the supplier at the time of PO placement.
- Identification and review of correct PO requirement documentation in ERP system.
- Ensure that all information required by the PO to be on the certs is:
- Provided on the cert
- In compliance with the PO requirements (i.e., chemical composition percentages are within the correct ranges, materials testing results are within the correct ranges, has correct testing performed, etc.)
- Legible and in a format that makes later review of these certifications by customer feasible.
- Interacts with Engineering, Book Build, Components Inspection, and others to clarify PO requirements and cert information as required.
- Provides feedback to suppliers, via Procurement, as required to obtain correct certs or to return non-conforming material to the supplier.
- Records data as requested from review results (defect tracking, check sheets, etc.)
- Work overtime / weekends as required to meet business demands
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- 7 years work experience in quality or manufacturing environment
- Technical degree (Associates level or higher) preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with changing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to navigate IFS, including but not limited to Purchase Orders, Shop Orders, Part Serialization, Inventory Parts
- Experience in reading technical drawings and technical specifications
- Ability to read and understand procurement specifications
- Experience with Adobe software
- Product knowledge preferred
APPLY TODAY for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION for our Quality Technician - Certification Documentation job!
Members of the Military and Veterans Encouraged to Apply!