Remedy Professional Placement is hiring for our locally owned client in Virginia Beach an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their Accounting department. This is the ideal opportunity for a candidate that is organized, detail oriented, self-accountable and driven to meet deadlines.
- Maintain the Chart of Accounts
- Match all invoices/expense reports to the appropriate general ledger account
- Receive and enter invoices, PO and relevant documentation for entry and approval
- Manage the proper sales tax, issue tax exemption certificate
- Maintain vendor files and records.
- Wire transfers and vendor payments timely
- Monitor 1099’s, W9, reporting and mailing
- Assist Controller and Accounting Manager with special projects
- Reconcile Vendor Statements
- Bachelors Degree in business/accounting preferred
- Min. 5 years A/P experience
- QuickBooks Experience required
- Proficient with MS Office, Excel
- Thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Basic accounting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented and professional
- Team player
- Able to multi-task and collaborate effectively
Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5 pm