Remedy Staffing is hiring high speed Packaging Operators for a well-known plastic packaging manufacturer in Bloomfield, NY!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for packaging, palletizing, unloading, and sleeving product from high-speed production equipment. Expected to assist in the operation of all manufacturing process equipment. Operator must work at standard production levels or above to maintain maximum productivity in order to be successful in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bags, boxes, and/or palletizes finished product from high-speed machine meeting or exceeding standard production levels
- Assists Maintenance Tech with order processing, changes and set-up as requested
- Must be able to regularly lift 20-30 pounds
- When operating feeding end, ensures all lines are fully stocked and running in a safe manner
- Performs quality inspections and tests
- Assists in the production and operation of manufacturing process equipment
- Prepares production logs, MOS boards, product labels, and time cards as necessary
- Prepares scrap for grinder as appropriate and understands recycle system
- Follows and participates in good housekeeping guidelines designed to ensure a safe work environment
- Remains compliant with BRC requirements as per this location’s written “Food Safety & Quality Policy”
Apply today at remedystaffing.com or call 585-226-6090 with any questions!
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong work ethic, teamwork, “can do” attitude, reliable, and flexible
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions
- Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's, with supporting tools
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations
- Regularly required to stand and walk
- Use hands to finger, handle, push, pull and carry
- Frequently required to talk and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus