Production Associate I - Electronics Assembly
Full time / First Shift / Flexible start time (6:30 AM – 7:30 AM) / Mon – Friday (Saturday’s – Optional Overtime).
We are working with local Electrical Manufacturing Facility that is looking for an experienced Electronics Assembly Associate. This organization is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inverting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
- Accurately and efficiently assembles/tests a variety of moderately complex products to achieve customer quality and on-time delivery schedules.
- May perform lockwiring, first stage subassembly, and final detailing functions. Works on products that contain mechanical components, single hydraulic systems, and multiple part numbers.
- Actively contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Receives general supervisory guidance.
- Performs moderately complex assembly/test functions utilizing mechanical skills, hand and power tools, mechanical/electronic tools, test equipment, assembly fixtures, and inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Records test results on data forms using moderately complex electrical equipment and flow measurement devices. May use X-Y recorders, oscilloscopes, transducers, and other related equipment.
- Identifies malfunctions disclosed by test data and reworks as instructed.
- Interprets blueprints, engineering orders, assembly routes, test specifications, service bulletins, customer requirements, and quality directives.
- Produces and inspects assemblies that conform to product specifications.
- Assembles, tests, and/or solders to customer and/or industry standards.
- Performs touch-up or full surface painting of parts with finishing materials such as paint, lacquer, glaze, etc. Mixes paint and cleans parts.
- Actively participates in lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Ensures all equipment is calibrated in accordance with calibration schedule.
- May perform other related responsibilities.
- Two or more years industry related experience in assembly/test in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints, route sheets, and test specifications.
- Possess strong mechanical reasoning.
- Demonstrate product and process knowledge by applying it to newly learned techniques.
- Able to select appropriate procedures, techniques, tools, and equipment.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations, as well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and basic computer skills.
- Able to implement and effectively apply lean initiatives.
- Possess effective interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to interpret reports and use standard business software applications. Able to use employee self-service to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, e-mail).
- May require soldering certification per customer requirements.